Rideout Sunday 13th.

FXSTC Dave

Club Member Clubs Rally Coordinator
Hi Everybody.

Anyone interested in a ride out on Sunday ?

We can go anywhere, all we need is a meeting time and place.

Or I'm thinking of going to Llangollen (for me it's somewhere to go); its 83 miles there.
A couple of hours wandering around the town and then 85+ miles back.

The meeting place is the layby on the Stretton roundabout A49/M56 J10 (Warrington side).
The time 12.30 - 13.00.

You have until Saturday night to let me know.
Otherwise I'll do my own thing.

So is anyone interested ?

Last edited:
Hi Dave, there is a local photographer who works on the Horseshoe Pass, taking photos of Bikes and Cars as they travel up and down the pass.
He sells his photos, which I have seen his work, and it is good. he will be working in Nant Y Garth on Saturday, but if he will be on the Horseshoe Pass, on Sunday, it might be worth considering a run up to get some "Action Shots" of people riding their bikes.
No Connection and all that, my son bought some photos of him on his Hayabusa last Saturday, very good.
If I can get out, I'll see you in Llangollen...

Hi Dave, Just to let you and anyone else who might be expecting to hear from Munch (Stan) that he will be out of action for some time as he was kno0cked of his bike on Monday evening. He is currently in the major trauma ward at our local hospital.

Well I'm not out on the bike tomorrow, sorry, got to go and Bollock Halfords in Chester.
I ordered a battery for the car from them, the phone code for Chester is 01244, so, I phone the number, where does it go? Johannesburg.
"Yeh man, we'll have your battery on Thursday", that was 2 weeks ago, after I gave up on South Africa and went to the shop.
So, tomorrow, go to Halfords, Bollock the Manager and get my money back. Shocking Service, and they will be told this as well, for me having to miss a trip out on the Bike!!!!

Hi Andy.

Try here, I ordered my new battery on the 24th May, it arrived next day.

Go to website to see what battery you need and if in stock.

https://www.tayna.co.uk/

Then go and get it :

Tayna Ltd
Phoenix House
Unit 6A Kinmel Park
Bodelwyddan
LL18 5TY
Tel : 01745 823399

Our shop counter is now open for business.
Feel free to call by during working hours to save on carriage costs and collect from us in our new,
custom bult self service counter.

We're conveniently located just off junction 25 of the A55 in Bodelwyddan, North Wales.

Hope this helps.

Yeh, thanks for that Dave, I've used Tayna batteries for the Bike in the past, great service.
I phoned them first for a Battery for the X Trail, "Is it a stop/start engine/", "Yes", says I, "It'll take a week"
"Ok, thanks, I need a battery soon". then phones South Africa, they didn't ask if it's stop/start motor.....
Arrive to get battery fitted in Chester, as they have aux battery, so you don't lose all your codes by disconnecting the battery, that's how this crap started.
So, today, in the lovely heat, arrives with my best "Angry customer Face" on...."Your Customer service is Shit, not you lads that work, but the arseholes that run this shower of shit"
"Oh, we think it's in the back", "Great, you can fit it now then",
"Erm, we can't find it", "Ok, phone me tomorrow with when you'll have it, and if not, someone is in for a Shit Tuesday, then I'll have my money back, and go to Tayna".....
By the way, I hope you had a good time in Llangollen today....

Hi Andy.

Hopefully Tayna will have what you want in stock.

Nice ride to Llangollen; 81.9 miles.
Plenty of bikes on the roads, mainly coming towards me.
A few HDs parked in town I didn't recognise any of them.

Had a wander around town, sat by the river for an hour watched kids
and teens playing in the river along with rafts and kayaks passing by.
Then fish and chips for tea.
And another 80 miles ride home.

A great day out.

Hi Dave, Just to let you and anyone else who might be expecting to hear from Munch (Stan) that he will be out of action for some time as he was kno0cked of his bike on Monday evening. He is currently in the major trauma ward at our local hospital.

Hi Stan hope you are soon on the mend, looking forward to meeting you, out on bike, at a meeting or in a field, hope you are out of hospital soon as I know, especially with the visitors rule, it is a hard slog.
Get well soon
Halfwrecked

FYI. Car turned right in front off me as I was proceding through a green light. Injuries sustained, two broken Arms/Wrists Broken right ankle, fractured pelvis 5 broken ribs, gonna be a long un Lads.

Bloody Hell Stan.

Thats a hell of an excuse not to go on a 2nd rideout !!!

But don't worry, the NHS can rebuild you.

You can become Stan Austin, the clubs first Bionic man.

Just avoid the metal detectors at airports !

Last edited:
Yeh, get well soon Stan, there's some major injuries there, go steady, and let your body rebuild.
All the best....

It's took me donkeys years to find this club and now this, might of finished me off for good at my age, tell Glenn to hold my Yorkshire rally tickets till next year. Best regards Munch.

Hi Stan.

Just PM'd Glenn to ask him to hold your ticket to next year.

Hopefully he'll let me know its been done.

Then I'll post his reply here.

FYI. Car turned right in front off me as I was proceding through a green light. Injuries sustained, two broken Arms/Wrists Broken right ankle, fractured pelvis 5 broken ribs, gonna be a long un Lads.

Really sorry to hear this stan. bloody awful carry on after all the crap over the last year. Hope you make a full recovery soon.
Cheers Glenn R5

Back